Sunday, January 27, 2013

Ski Instructor Report 26 January 2013

“Any snow forecast?” That is the second most frequently asked question to an instructor.( What do you do in the summer?” is the most frequent.) For the last two weeks we have not heard that question, due to the fact that it has snowed virtually every day for a fortnight. However, on Friday morning the sun shone and the sky was a magnificent shade of blue. The snow was deep cold and powdery. It was a brilliant day for skiing. I took a group of Irish clients up the mountain for the first time. They found the view stunning and the skiing great. We all thoroughly enjoyable lesson. By the way, the snow has returned on Saturday morning. As I write this on a Saturday morning, my memory of Friday night is very fresh in my mind. So if you forgive me for mentioning again the live music. Semipro in El Cau really have since they formed earlier in the sesaon. Velvet Blues seem to have an endless supply of great guest musicians, who jam with them, giving a great depth to their play list. In the Quo, Elvis had the liveliest audience. I would have made it to the Derby but I was hijacked by my Irish group. We ended up in El Moli, where we played Giant Jenga. Whoever knocked down the pile, had to do a pole dance. Thank goodness ot was not me. The victim was a very attractive Irish girl. I enjoyed that. I did not submit a report last week as I was in England; I had a difficult journey back to Arinsal, due to South West Trains cancelling my train to Gatwick and the following one, due to “The threat of bad weather”. Fortunately my wife picked me up at the station and drove me to the airport. We did not experience and bad weather, although it was very cold. Bad marks to S.W.T. and well done to Easyjet for getting me to Barcelona, in time to catch the Novatel bus, with ten minutes to spare. I was dropped off at the hotel in time for dinner. “Elvis” was not so fortunate, his Ryanair plane from Liverpol was late and he missed the bus. He had to catch the slower Directbus and pick up a taxi from the bus station. He got to the Palarine before the bar closed. When I finish this, I shall unpack my kilt for tonight’s belated Burns’ Party. You will receive a full account in next week’s report.

No comments: