Saturday, January 12, 2013

Ski Instructor Report 13 January 2013

The weather was very warm at the start of this week but turned colder towards the end of the week. The clients enjoyed good skiing conditions. Although the snow was getting thin in places until the snow cannons were able to make snow. The forecast for next week is for temperatures down to -15 , with snow forecast for every day. We must wait and see if the forecasters are correct. I had a very jolly après ski this week; firstly , I was in Quo Vadis listening to Mike ( Arinsal’s top entertainer) perform when a girl from my class came in with some friends, she got me up to dance, we boogied, we danced to smoochy tunes and I supported her in Karaoke. Next day in class, she admitted that she and her friends and had been out drinking earlier and was very drunk when she arrived at the Quo. I found this information devastating, I thought that she danced with me as she thought that I was devastatingly handsome and had irresistible charm. NO, she danced with me, because she had on her “Beer goggles” So you see lads, even ladies wear them occassionly I went to hear Mike at the Palarine on Thursday Party Night following their splendid Oriental buffet. He had an amazing supporting act , Josh Cuell, of the Palarine, who performed “Gangster Style/ He was great. So good in fact, the following night he was invited by Elvis to close his act in the Quo Vadis. The show ended with thunderous applause. (Elvis is alive and appears each Friday evening.) As previously reported Friday Night is Music Night in Arinsal, with live music in the Arinsal bar, El Cau, Quo Vadis, Bogart’s bar and the Derby. I find it hard to fit them all in. I arrived at the El Cau just as the band finished their final session. I did not hear them play but it looked as if the joint was jumping. I am returning to England next week for some eye treatment, so I hope that the forecasted snow does not delay my bus trip to Barcelona. I am looking forward to seeing my family and my badminton friends again and to appearing in four performances of Fawlty Towers on the Groundlings Theatre in Portsmouth. I have minor role and my daughter plays one of the main characters, Polly. There may or may not be a report next week.

No comments: