Saturday, January 5, 2008

Number one tells his story for the New Year

New Year weak is now over. I saw the New Year in at the Palarine Hotel. We had a magnificent buffet followed by an inclusive bar and fancy dress party. The hotel helped with the fancy dress and I think that less than half a dozen were not in costume. I wore my infamous Speedos as a beach bum. No one abused the bar, I did not see anyone totally drunk, but then I did not see anyone over 18 totally sober. A great night. I met my morning group at 9-30 am. All 12 were waiting for me. Well done guys. Most of the group were Irish and I think that was a great turn out for New Years day. Wednesday and Thursday brought some welcome snow. On thursday the roads were very slippy. In fact I walked back to my hotel in in my 20 minute walk I saw 4 vehicle (including the ski bus) in various ditches. The skiing on Friday was superb. Fresh snow and a clear blue sky. Absolutely marvellous.

No comments: