Monday, January 14, 2008

Number One Report.

We had a nice fall of snow on Friday night and some on a blustery Saturday. Sunday was my day off and when I awoke, there was a bright clear blue sky. I had a quick breakfast and rushed up to the slopes. The snow was light and powdery and there were very few people on the pistes, so I had a great morning’s skiing. All the gullies from the top of the PIC NEGRE were open and we made the most of the quiet slopes. I finished early and went to the HOTEL PALARINE for a late Sunday Lunch. Roast beef and roast pork with all the trimming, washed down with a couple of bottles of Fuller’s London Pride. I felt very pleased with my day and I still had time for a quick “siesta” to refresh me for the evening.

If there are any “Jocks” coming to Arinsal for next week, we have a treat for them. There will be two nights to celebrate the birth of Robert Burns. On Friday the 25th The HOTEL PALARINE will be holding a Burns’ Supper with Haggis , Roast beef, smoked salmon and other Scottish fayre. There will be live music and Scottish country dancing. It is surprising just how many instructors are now expert at “Strip the Willow” and “The Eightsome Reel”. It would only be fair to point out, that they all ski a lot better than they dance!

On Saturday 26th, the RED X bar will hold their long established Burns’ Party. This is a very informal occasion, where people are encouraged to bring finger food to share. Haggis, by it’s nature, does not make good finger food so plates and forks are provided. There is usually wild and energetic dancing, fuelled mainly by Whisky and San Miguel. Last year we had six nationalities dancing in one Eightsome reel. Both nights promise to be great fun.

No comments: