Friday, December 28, 2012

Ski Instructors Report 22nd December 2012

At last, I have joined the working class. I have had two glorious weeks skiing on well groomed deserted pistes and generally behaving like a ski bum. Now I was given my first class of the season. They are such a jolly group of beginners that I do not look upon it as work. I could say that it is just an extended holiday for me. We have all been meeting each evening to watch the videos of the ski classes. All have been amazed at the rapid progress from the first few stumbles on Monday morning to the slalom race on Friday. The race was won by the 13 year old girl, well deserved victory; some of the other racers had slight hangovers, the rest had big hangovers. My domestic situation at the Palarine has improved as they now have British guests. This means that I start my day with a full English breakfast. Somehow they are able to source real English back bacon and pork sausages. This is a great start to the day and is so much better than the attempts at an English breakfast that I have seen in some hotels, who cater for British tourists down on the Costas. The breakfast is British as is the Sunday roast. This may be my favourite dinner; excellent roast beef with Yorkshires or roast pork with apple sauce. Last Sunday it was accompanied with a choice of 6 vegetables. I say that the Sunday roast is my favour dinner but I also liked the Chinese buffet on Thursday and the Curry night on Friday. When I come to think about it, I also liked the Italian, the Catalan and the Tex Mex evenings. All these are self service buffet; eat as much or little, as you like. I did suggest to Graham that he weighs the guest when they arrive and leave and make a surcharge for each kilo they have gained. So far he has ignored me. We have had mixed weather for skiing but I think that the guests enjoyed the skiing on very quiet pistes. On Sunday we are expecting many more visitors for the Christmas week. Snow is forecast for Christmas day. But we will have to wait and see. I will report back next week and tell you if it arrived.

No comments: