Monday, December 17, 2012

Ski Instructors Report 16th December 2012

NO SMOKING. That is now the rule in Andorra for all bars and restaurant in Andorra. What a difference it has made for the majority of people. Our Irish and English are quite used to going outside to smoke. The bar staff now have a lot more time as they are not constantly emptying ashtrays and sweep up the mess left by smokers. Parents with children will now be prepared to take their children into the bars for a coke and burger if they so wish. I have enjoyed a great week’s skiing on empty slopes but now our guests have arrived, I will have to do some work. On the plus side, it means that I will earn some money to help pay for my après ski actives. Talking about après ski; the Velvet Blues Band was playing in Bogart’s bar last weekend. I enjoy this group’s performances, especially the delightful lady keyboard player, who does some great Amy Winehouse covers. I thought that she looked stunning, with heels slightly longer than the length of her miniskirt. I like her; in fact, all the lads like her, even some of the gay snowboarders like her. The group play a good mix of blues, early rock and modern pop. They told me that they hope to be playing most weekends in Bogart’s. I am looking forward to their next performance.

No comments: