Saturday, March 5, 2011

Ski Instructors Report 5th March 2011

This week it snowed every day except Friday and Saturday.Iit was glorious clear blue skies and great snow on both days. I had beginners this week and I had forgotten how much fun you can have on the first day with a jolly group. This group was definitely jolly. We had some great après ski evenings watching the day’s videos. One lady was a bit slower than the others. Fortunately, she had a very sensible boyfriend who booked a couple of private lessons for her. We had a great time and she was able to keep up with the group. Most of my other private lessons were with people whose friends or family had pushed them too far, too fast and too high too soon. I had to restore their confidence and then improve their skiing. One exception was the husband of a lady in my group; he was having difficulty keeping up with his beginners’ class, so she bought him a private lesson. I managed to improve him so much, that the following day he was the fastest in his group’s race and was very proud of his Gold Medal.

I went to the penultimate “Decades”. The boys performing “Y M C A” were very good. They say practice makes perfection; it is a pity that they have only one more performance this season. It was a much more lively audience after last week’s half term. As usual Ben’s tribute to Wagner was magnificent.

I am holding an End of Season Ceildh on the 26th, this is to make up for the fact that I missed the Burns’ night party due to illness. So if any Jocks will be in Arinsal on the 26th bring your kilts and join in the dancing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If it is Ben as in Ben Fox please say "hello" for me, thanks John.
Can't believe it's two weeks on and we are still missing Arinsal. I'm pretty sure we will be back next year. Best wishes Diane W x