Saturday, March 12, 2011

Ski Instructors Report 12th March 2011

What a glorious week for weather, we have just had. Since last Friday until this Friday we have enjoyed wall to wall sunshine with the vivid deep blue sky that we rarely see back home. We had great spring snow skiing and fairly high temperatures during the afternoons. I was using my factor 50 sun cream. When we stopped for our coffee break the girls in my group were sitting on the sun terrace in their Tee shirts. However, I did meet one holiday maker in the gondola, who was unhappy with this marvellous weather he wanted to know if there was any snow forecast. This was on Monday and at the time, we had stationary high pressure, so snow was not imminent. He finally got the bad weather that he craved for, early on Saturday morning, it started to snow. When I woke up, there was snow on the roofs of the cars in Erts. By the time I had finished breakfast, the snow had turned to rain in the village with wet snow and poor visibility on the mountain. Last week people were asking when would we be having sunshine. It is impossible to please all the people all the time.

My intermediate class mainly consisted of charming ladies who wanted to enjoy the skiing and to stay well within their comfort zone. We all had a very enjoyable week.

I am back to England next week for a few days, so there will not be a report unless I can get another instructor to be a guest writer for that week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello there! I am glad to stop by your site and know more about ski report. Keep it up! This is a good read. You have such an interesting and informative page. I will be looking forward to visit your page again and for your other posts as well. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about ski report in your area.
Accordingly, we want your feedback.
How can we make it better? Is it easy to use? Let us know: Ski Report Vermont