Sunday, March 27, 2011

Ski Instructors Report 27th March 2011

I have not written a report for two weeks as I have been in England. My journey home was uneventful; I was picked up at my hotel by the Novatel mini bus and taken to the bus station where I transferred onto a coach that took me to terminal two at Barcelona airport, in three hours. This terminal is almost disserted as only Easyjet and other budget airlines use it. All the main carriers use the new terminal one. As I had time to spare I followed the signs for the railway station where there is a greasy spoon type of cafe. They do a steak, egg and chips sort of menu. It has a bit more atmosphere than the rather sterile terminal eateries. I enjoyed my stay in England; everything seemed so fresh, with new daffodils, blossom and other spring flowers. I was able to see my daughter perform in Thoroughly Modern Millie with the local musical society.

Unfortunately things were not alright with my eyes and I had to stay an extra week for treatment. Then another uneventful journey back to the Palarine, where Stuart BBA served me with my first pint of San Miguel for a fortnight. I must admit I did enjoy some real ale, whilst in England, which I much prefer to the local lager type beers that I get in Arinsal. Not getting real ale out here is a small price to pay for spending a fun packed winter in a ski resort. I had two great days of spring skiing on Thursday and Friday in Arinsal. On Saturday, I went with Kevin, Matthew and three other instructors to Soldeu for our yearly refresher course. It was both interesting and enjoyable.

Later that evening I attended my End of Season Ceildh in Bogart’s bar. Sadly this was poorly attended, some people had already left the resort and it clashed with another instructor’s birthday party. Kevin did a great job as stand in disc jockey and those that attended appeared to enjoy themselves. We did plenty of dancing and a few party pieces. One of the hotel guests did a funny but rude parody on a Burns’ poem. It was a good night but the was some food left over from the buffet that the Princessa Parc had laid on for us.

We have very few new arrivals today, so we are wondering how many of us will get a group. There is only one more week after this for British tour companies, although the resort is staying open until 25th April to deal with the Easter Holiday.

No comments: