Saturday, December 25, 2010

Ski Instructors Report 24th December 2010

I did not send a report last week as I had returned to England for a hospital appointment.  Then my return journey was delayed by three days due to my flight from Gatwick being canceled, this meant that I did not arrive in Arinsal until midnight on Tuesday.  I had a few private lessons for the rest of the week, some of them being my specialty, nervous ladies here with their children. The kids were flying around the mountain, while the mothers were finding it difficult keeping up with their group lesson.  Both my ladies made great progress and said that next year that they would not book group lessons but take private, one to one, lessons instead.  Group lessons can be very good for the social side. Someone on their own will meet other skiers of a similar level and so have someone to ski with after the lesson.  In a small friendly resort like Arinsal, it is inevitable that you will bump into others from your group whilst out in the bars and restaurants.  But if your aim in taking lesson is to improve your skiing, then private lessons are a must.
The Weather on the first two days after my return was a bit too warm and humid but fortunately it turned cold on Christmas Eve. The snow cannons were running, even during the day and the sun was shining.  In fact Friday had great skiing conditions.  I enjoyed several good runs during my free time.  In spite of it being Christmas Week there were very few people in the resort, so I was able to enjoy fairly fast runs on the very quiet pistes.
I was reminded of the quotation that I have often used in the past, A lot more people would come skiing if it was always this quiet.

No comments: