Monday, April 12, 2010

Just a post script to my last and final report. I did not ski on the last day of the season although it was a glorious sunny day, I am sure that the snow turned to sluch very early in the day. Instead I went to a birthday celebration lunch for Kevin (Quo Vadis). About 30 of us met in the Palarine for a pre-lunch drink. We then sorted out the drinkers and non drinkers and organised a convoy to the Font D'Arans for a late lunch. Kevin was driven there in style in an open topped Jaguar. The sun shone on us and it was unbelievably hot.

We all enjoyed a fabulous lunch,the food was of the highest quality but I must admit that the service was a bit slow. In fact, we left the restaurant about seven thirty and returned to the Palarine, where we had a bit of a knees up and dance.

I woke up on Monday morning about 8 o'clock feeling slightly tired, I looked out the window to see that it was snowing in the village. The weather can change rapidly in the mountains. The first day the resort is closed and it snowed! Anyone coming to Andorra for a walking holiday may find some of the high routes blocked by snow well into June .Byt he way, if any of you do come here walking, you may find that your guide is my good friend Corinne.

I hope that my weekly reports have given you an insight into the life that one enjoys in a friendly jolly ski resort and that it may convince some of you to visit us in the future.

No comments: