Saturday, January 23, 2010

I have enjoyed a week of good weather and great company . We had a small overnight fall of snow otherwise the weather was good. I had a beginners group. All twelve were Irish (2 from N.I. and 10 from the Republic. We enjoyed our time on the slopes and met in the evenings to watch ourselves on video, in several bars. Sometimes, the videos were hilarious and other times educational. We had one casualty; Paddy (a great character) injured his knee but was talking about returning next season.

On Wednesday night, we enjoyed a late night Karaoke session in the Derby. I am sorry to report that out of my 12 strong backing group, only 4 made it to the slopes on Thursday morning. (Well it is their holiday; they can do what they want.) I had good attendance for the Friday morning Slalom race. Won by Stephen, who loved skiing from the very first day.

I am going to finish with a Mark Twain quotation (I don’t know why);

“Go to heaven for the climate, hell for the company.”

No comments: