Monday, January 18, 2010

Burns Night

Regular readers will have noticed that I did not post a report last week. This is due to the fact that I had to return to the U.K. for some medical treatment for A.R.M.D. I returned to Arinsal last night, so on Sunday morning I had a great time skiing. The light was flat in the morning but brightened up in the afternoon. The snow was great all day.

It made a nice change to be back home to see my family during the winter. The weather was awful, so in many ways I was glad to be back in Arinsal. I did manage to get a couple of games of badminton during my visit. Two of our mature but fit members are going skiing next week and this made me think of one of things that I keep repeating. Do some exercise before coming skiing. It is often the unfit person who picks up a niggling little injury during their holiday. Enough of my lecturing, now for the commercial;

A week tomorrow (25th), will be Robert Burns’s’ 251st birthday. The Palrine will be holding a Burns Supper with fine Scottish food, including Haggis, Tatties and Neeps. We then have some Scottish Country dancing, a little poetry and modern live music. It promises to be a great evening. For the less sophisticate holidaymaker we hope to hold a Burns party in Bogart’s Bar in the Princess Park Hotel on Saturday 30th. This is a similar night to the Palarine’s but with a lot less food and a lot more drink, This event is popular with the ski instructors, as we can usually rest on Sundays after Mass, whilst all you nice people are travelling to Arinsal.. So if there are any Jocks visiting that week. Bring your kilt.

No comments: