Sunday, February 24, 2013

Ski Instructors Report 25 February 2013

This week has seen the best weather of the season. It has been bright but cold, keeping the snow in great condition. I was thankful for the good weather as I had a children’s group. They all thoroughly enjoyed themselves. What a change good weather makes when you have children; when it is snowing their goggles steam up, their noses run, their gloves become sodden and they have a miserable time. Monday is always a difficult day with children, they cannot put their skis on or side step up the hill. After two days building up their confidence, they then become overconfident and my job for the last two days, is to restrain their enthusiasm and stop them looking for steeper slopes and bigger jumps. After laying down some strict rules and threatened punishments (usually the threat on putting them in a slower class with smaller children) my class were well behaved. If anyone fell, another would always stop and offer help and at break times them sat together and shared their food and drinks. My intermediate adult group thought that the weather was great and all enjoyed the skiing, although some had a restricted time due to the need to look after their younger offspring. I enjoyed this week although I found it tiring have two groups and children are always more stressful than adults. The après ski was as expected, crowded and jolly in the early evenings but very quiet later. This week, I met many old friends who had returned for another visit to Arinsal. One complained that I had stopped sending my weekly reports. This is not true as I send this report to several sites that promote Arinsal (and a copy to my lovely ladies in my badminton club in England, they like to know that I am alive and well and behaving myself.) The webmasters of the various sites are free to do what they like with the report. Some may choose not to post it either because they do not like the content or merely because they forgot. I am returning to the U.K. on Monday, so there will not be a report next week.

No comments: