Friday, December 9, 2011

Ski Instructors Report 9th December 2011

There is not much to report this week, as the resort has not yet opened. I have enjoyed several good mountain walks with my friends, Corinne, Mark and Nick. It really was ideal weather for walking. The sun was shining but it was not too hot for the uphill sections. The views were magnificent and the company was good. Obviously, you do not want to read about my mountain walks but about skiing: all three of the Vallnord resorts, Arinsal Arcalis and Pal have a good cover of snow on the top runs. But sadly for us Arinsal does not have easy access up to and down from these runs. However at Arcalis things are different; the green run from the Coma restaurant and ski area, is a road in the summer, so at present it is very easy for cars and busses to drive to the Coma restaurant and enjoy the Coma ski area. I have had reports of good skiing there. I have also been told that it got very crowded in the afternoons due to the limited area and the fact that last week the Spanish had two Bank Holidays. (It sometimes pays to live in a catholic country.) We are all hoping that the cold spell that Britain recently had, will drift down to us soon, so that my next report will be about me enjoying great skiing."

No comments: