Saturday, December 26, 2009

CHRISTMAS WEEK

We have just finished our first week teaching English groups. There were a lot of families here, as it was Christmas week. The weather was not kind to them. We had cloud and snow most days and a horrible wet Christmas Eve. On the positive side Christmas Days was a glorious sunny day and the snow was in good condition. We all had a great day, which washed away the memory of the previous day’s soaking..

I should mention the social side of Christmas; EL CAU held a Christmas Party, aimed mainly at families. A more grown up party was in full swing in the QUO VADIS bar when I left. Christmas day was a working day for instructors, most of whom had a class at 9.

STUART (BBA) bribed me into dressing as Santa Claus and distributing presents to the guest having Christmas lunch. The bribe consisted of unlimited beer in the bar of the PALARINE, whilst dressed as Santa. I made the most of this offer until I realised that I maybe disillusioning the younger guests, into thinking that Santa Claus was an alco-junky. I decided to retire to my room, with a very soggy beard.

On Boxing Day morning there was a fresh fall of snow in the village. I am looking forward to seeing the new arrivals tomorrow. These lucky guests will enjoy a fabulous fancy dress party, on New Year’s Eve, with drinks included at the PALARINE. Sadly New Year’s day is a normal working day for instructors. It is a great lifebeing an instructor but sometime, it has disadvantages.

No comments: