Saturday, December 22, 2007

A week with arinsal ski instustor Number One

On Sunday, the first of the British groups arrive in Arinsal. The English instructors will be glad to get some work at last. I will be very pleased to get some groups as it will give me something to write about. Last night some of us had a very convivial meal in the QUO VADIS PUB. Each week this pub has a free raffle for customers and the prize is a pair of skis. And this week `I WON! I am now the owner of a brand new pair of Blizzard skis. Thank you QUO VADIS. On Wednesday night .we had an excellent curry at the British run SAN ANDREU. Simon and the lovely Kirsty provide an amazing variety of curries to suit all tastes. It is help yourself, so do not be surprised if you see a lot of fat instructors this season. We rather overate slightly, on Sunday at the HOTEL PALARINE. They provided a huge Chinese buffet. The Dingo and Steve the Horse appeared to be in a competition to see who could eat the most desserts. Jan the Swede, from Manchester, persuaded Robber's Dog and I, to sample few bottles of Fuller's " London Pride". The Palarine had managed to find a couple of crates of real ale. Something that I miss over here. I hope that next week I can write about skiing and not just food.

No comments: