Monday, January 2, 2012

Ski Instructors Report 2nd January 2012

I had a really jolly class of beginners this week. Some made rapid progress and I was able to move them into a faster class. class. The others were a bit slower and we stayed on the “magic carpet”, they were all pleased with the progress that they made. I had some I has a few very good après ski with this group. I hope that some will return to Arinsal in the future. One of our readers, Alistair, asked, “what do instructors look for when classifying the groups2. So I thought I should explain the different classes that we offer at Arinsal. First, the BEGINNERS class: This is for people who have never put skis on before and for those who have had a dry slope taster but did not manage to make a snowplough turn. Next group is what we called DRY SLOPE or ADVANCED BEGINNERS. This is for skiers who have skied on a dry slope or have skied before but do not feel confident enough to join an intermediate class. All would be expected to make a snow plough turn to the left and to the right on an easy slope. We would normally grade this group according to how steep a slope the client would be comfortable on. Then there are the intermediate classes (which I think Alistair is asking about). We watch the clients ski on a blue run. Level 1, is for those who do not make parallel turn but make a snow plough turn Level 2 is for those who make basic parallel turns. Level 3. is for skiers who make refined parallel turns make use of the edges and showing signs or carving. We offer more advance classes; bumps off piste and gates , if there is sufficient demand. I hope this will be of some use to anyone coming to Arinsal.

No comments: