Saturday, March 27, 2010

It has been very warm this week. I had a morning group from 9 o’clock until noon. This meant that we had the best of the snow. After lunch, I did not go skiing as the snow was very heavy and slushy. There were very few people in the resort so the skiing was exceptionally good. There was a great difference in the level of skiing in my group; this was due to the Monday night pub crawl. On Tuesday morning I only had seven clients. Three others turned up but did not put their skis on, they returned to the hotel, without skiing Two others did not get out of bed until midday. The result of this was that we made great progress with the seven, some had slight hangovers but greatly improved their skiing during the lesson. Usually when this happens, an instructor who has a slow group takes the ones who missed the Tuesday lesson. However this week we have so few groups that all the instructors took their classes up the mountain on the chair lift on Wendesday. Next week I am going to advise my group that should they miss Tuesday’s lesson though drink, I am going to assume that they have left the class. Regular readers will know that I occasionally go out for a drink in the evenings, indeed sometimes until the very late mornings but always turn up for lessons, although sometimes I do not feel 100%. I realise that clients are on holiday and want to enjoy the social life as well as the skiing. They must make their own minds up, to what is more important to them..

One evening this week, I was walking home as usual, when I met Graham and Stuart (BBA) going up to the village. They invited me to have a drink with them. To cut a long short, we visited every bar except one (it had already closed). The point of this story is to point out Stuart’s misfortune. Each time that he has an evening off, his duty next morning is early morning breakfast chef. This means that he has to prepare a cooked breakfast for the hotel guests by 7-45 am

I have just been told that Ryanair is having a very cheap promotion during April. I do not use this airline myself, as I prefer Easyjet to Barcelona, as there is a very good public transport link to Arinsal.. Ryanaair flies to Girona and Reus, neither has good public transport to here but a hire car is an option for two or more people. So if you have the time, come and have a cheap end of season holiday. We close on Sundy11th April.

No comments: